If you are a fan of peanut butter these cookies are definitely the perfect dessert for you. These brownie cookies are made with a peanut butter filling and topped with chocolate, sounds delicious doesn’t it?
Another amazing thing about these cookies is the fact that they are simple and easy to make and won’t take much time, all you need to do is prepare the cookie dough and then top it with some melted chocolate.
To learn more about these crispy chocolate treats and how to make them read on below.
What are brownie cookies?
When properly prepared, brownie cookies turn out soft and chewy with a soft crackly top and they almost fall apart when biting. These cookies are also meant to be rich in chocolate and have soft brownie texture.
What are buckeye cookies?
For those of you who have never before heard of buckeye cookies, they are candies made of sweetened peanut butter mixture dipped halfway in chocolate. To be more accurate a buckeye cookie is, in fact, a brownie cookie topped with peanut butter and melted chocolate.
For how long will buckeye brownie cookies stay fresh?
Normally these cookies can last 3-4 days, but if you want to make a double batch and eat them as a treat for breakfast or lunch, we recommend storing them in an air-tight container along with some bread. With this done the buckeye cookies can last up to a week.
Is it safe to freeze buckeye brownie cookies?
The answer is yes, you can put them in the fridge without having to worry. It is even recommendable to let them sit in the fridge for a while before serving so the chocolate doesn’t spread all over the place.
As we mentioned earlier, these recipe is really simple and easy to make, and to make things even simpler for you, we advise you to use a meat-baller for scooping the cookie dough and peanut butter, trust us it will save you a lot of trouble.
Buckeye brownie cookie recipe
Yield: 20 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Buckeye brownie cookies the perfect combination of brownies, peanut butter, and chocolate.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- Pour the listed amount of chocolate and butter into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds, then stir it and put it in the microwave a second time to completely melt the two together. Once done, leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- In a different bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar then add them to the chocolate and butter mixture and stir until it is well combined.
- Next, add in the baking powder and all-purpose flour and stir again.
- Put the mixture in the fridge and let it sit for 30- 60 minutes.
- Now, preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Use either a meat-baller or a large spoon to scoop the cookie dough.
- Layout a cookie sheet and put exactly 6 cookies over it.
- Next, put the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix them well together.
- Pour the semisweet chocolate in a separate small microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until it is fully melted.
- Now put the cookies in the preheated oven and bake them for about 12 minutes, then get them out and while they are still warm add 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture on top of each one.
- Finally, top the brownie cookies with the melted chocolate and put them in the fridge. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, then serve and enjoy.
- Don’t panic if the cookies look like mountains when you get them out of the oven, they will start to deflate as they cool down.
You might have some trouble while trying to scoop the cookie dough, so we recommend having cooking spray nearby to spray your scooping tool with.