Wouldn’t it be easier if we all just woke up one morning with perfect flawless skin? Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Sadly, this is not likely to happen. However, there are plenty of ways to properly take care of your skin and improve your skincare routine. Buying expensive commercial products is not an option many of us can afford, but luckily there is a variety of remedies that you can prepare at home that will help you achieve the needed effect.
Open pores are a problem that both men and women struggle with and due to such reasons in this post, we will be covering everything from what causes them open pores to how to naturally treat them and get rid of them. So, read on below if you want to find out more.
What are pores?
Pores are in fact openings to hair follicles. On the base of every pore, a hair follicle and an oil gland can be found. However, even though the follicles on your face are small and almost unnoticeable to the naked eye, during puberty the oil glands gain a bigger size which results in your pores becoming more apparent.
Moreover, by looking closely into the mirror you can notice small dots, these dots are openings to the hair follicles and in them lay the sebaceous glands and they are in charge of supplying the skin whit skin oils. The sebaceous glands are “to blame” for some of the pores being more visible than others, however, this is also determined by genetics. Another thing that determines the size of your pores is your skin color. Normally, individuals with darker skin have bigger pores than fair-skin types. Your skin type also contributes to the size of your pores and people with oily skin are most likely to have larger and more visible pores.
What makes more visible in some than others?
The two biggest factors which determine the size of your pores are hormones and genetics. Although we have no power over the two still there are plenty of ways to deal with enlarged pores.
It is common for individuals facing this type of problem to feel insecure and frustrated and though buying commercial products can be helpful, they tend to be expensive and since many of us cannot afford them, we present you with these natural alternatives that will help you achieve the same effect.
- Aloe Vera gel
This remedy is great for treating open pores and preferred by many because it does an excellent job of hydrating and tightening the skin. Not only does it hydrate the skin, but it also nourishes and cleanses it, and helps unclog the pores.
How to use it
- First, apply the Aloe Vera gel on your skin, then massage it for a few minutes.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse it off using water.
- Regularly repeat this procedure once a day to witness results.
- Baking soda
This simple remedy is a great facial cleanser and will certainly help you reduce the size of your pores. It is great for treating infections and calming down the skin because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Baking soda also helps reduce acid content and balances out the ph of your skin.
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
How to use it
- Combine the two listed ingredients into a paste and remember to use warm water so you can activate the baking soda.
- Then, apply the paste on your face and massage for about half a minute.
- Once done, wash it off with water.
- This remedy can be used only once in three days.
- Egg white mask
The egg white mask is widely used because it betters your skin quality by improving its elasticity and tightening it.
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 white egg
How to use it
- Combine the listed ingredients into a paste, then spread it equally across your face.
- Leave it on for about half an hour and once done remove it using water.
- Use this mask once or twice a week to achieve the needed effect.
Tips on preventing open pores
- To remove dead skin cells, exfoliate regularly.
- Always remove your makeup before heading to bed.
- Avoid squeezing pimples and blackheads.
- Make sure you stay hydrated.
- Incorporate more vegetables and fruits into your diet.
- To keep your pores clean, use a mild cleanser twice a day.